Just like you, we don't like anymore rules than necessary. A little common sense goes a long way ... In our ideal situation, mutual respect would be the only agreement needed. But, like everything else - someone, somewhere along the way has ruined it for the rest of us. So, it's important that we set some basic guidelines for the property, just in case they come into question. We are grateful for guests that respect the property and the community when they stay with us.
1. This cabin is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
2. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the cabin. You are free to smoke outside of the cabin, we only ask that respect the property and clean up after yourself. Please also use good safety practices – stay away from flammable sources like gas or LP tanks. Know the fire danger levels in the forest – which can be extremely high during certain seasons.
3. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Guest is responsible for any damage beyond normal wear and tear.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses. Properly clean and store any items used.
6. Pets are permitted with prior approval.
7. Parking: there is plenty of space to park cars, trucks and trailers. Just give us an idea of what you need to park and we’ll help you figure out a plan.
8. Camping: tents and small campers are permitted with prior approval.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
10. Fireplace: The fireplace is a wood-burning, hand-laid, fieldstone hearth. There is also an outdoor fireplace that can be used for campfires. We ask that guests follow fire safety practices and respect burn advisements in the area. Please extinguish any fires with water to be sure they are completely out. Fire can quickly spread through undergrowth or leaves in the forest and lead to devastating results. Be safe.
11. Water and Septic: The cabin is on a well and septic systems. The water is safe to drink but may have a higher mineral content than the water you’re used to. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $500.
12. Weather: We hope you have a great weather for your vacation! However, we are not able to predict the weather any better than the local TV station. Therefore, no refunds will be given for storms or weather conditions.